Saturday 4 April 2015

Easter working

   Being a game art student requires a lot of work, work you should be done with, but cant resist the erge to tweak and fiddle with, little bits your not 100% proud of. Which isn't necessarily a bad quality, but when you've got other work that needs tweaking and fiddling with, it kind of is.

   I made a list of work that needs to be worked on over the Easter period. A list that I have worked on all of, apart from the off the map project. Realistically I didn't expect to work on it anyway, I have more pressing work than that at the minute. The presentation shouldn't take too much longer to complete and neither should the large writing piece, but currently I'm finding it hard to find the "want" and "drive" to get me to do them, I guess it could be because I'm not much of a writer or presenter. I hope it is, as I'm sort of loosing the drive to do project after project that starts off good but soon turns to something I don't like. I want to crack on with some portfolio work, something that I want to do. Overall this year has been ok, But it I kind of want it to be over so I can work on my FMP after summer.

   As for my character project, its definitely getting redone, as its the only way I can push up my mark at the minute. Looking back, my previous work was a shambles, and I can really see the flaws in it. I've done my concepts for his body shape and am working my way through his clothes. To take a break from the concepting side of things I thought I would model his body. But now I've modeled it I think his lower half needs altering, it feels strange working back and forth like this, as its not the way we've been taught, but Its working for me so I'm going to roll with it for now.

   His legs looked good in the concept but now that hes 3d I can see they wont work when wearing trousers, the shape of them pull out to the sides too much and it looks off, so I've recently decided to straighten them up, allowing me to give him trousers. I've also thought that he should be covered up to his neck and leave all his arms showing, this will give him the appearance of a frog while retaining a more human like pose. I guess I should crack on with it.

No comments: