Sunday 8 March 2015

Week 23 Things are going good, sort of.

   After last week I said I felt like I'd not done enough work, and that things needed to improve. That admission to myself helped me push to a better work ethic and up my game. A good week of work ensued, and now my assets are modeled. But just when something good happens, another thing comes to even things out. Now I've hurt my leg, nothing serious at the minute, I hope. So I'm still on top of work, which is good.
New set of modular buildings.
   This good week of work also got me back into life drawing. I decided to stick with my current default fine liners, but added a thicker felt pen too. I know I should mix things up a bit now and then, but for now fine liners are still keeping me entertained.

(Pic not scanned in yet, but it'll be here soon. Don't worry )

   Along the summer holidays between first and second year I managed to do a panting a day for a while, usually virtual plein air. Concentrating on 3d work has has me lost to the notion of digital paining recently, so I took to that as well the other day. Nothing to long, but I did spend an hour on each of these. Feel free to crit me on anything I do, as I could with hew feedback.


   Looking at these, even only a few day later, I can see I need to work on contrast a little more and maybe focus on putting more detail in certain areas. I guess that's a job for next time. Improvement, YAY! Also I might have to abandon that brush (or moderate it) as it leaves my pics with lots of white spots.

   So overall, a great week, Lets keep it up eh.

No comments: