Monday 13 October 2014

Week 2 - Colours and rooms

   Colour theory has always confused me, I just couldn't get my head around it. And now, I still cant, but, I am slightly closer. Thanks to the CMYK colour wheel. A few quick colour analysis's of some of the potential film rooms for this group project and the fogs clearing, slightly. By picking a few different colours from the scenes and adjusting them slightly, I get a clearer understanding of what the colours in the scene actually are, and what pattern they form on the colour wheel. Weather It's  a split complimentary, monochromatic, complimentary, a triad of colour, etc etc.

   I enjoy the use of color in paintings and works of art. It seems to be the one thing I focus on, despite not knowing anything about it. This project and the slight touch on the subject has given me a thirst for more.

   The film rooms I chose and analysed for the this project included ones on either side of the saturation scale. Mainly because of their colour pallet more than the room layout. Browns and grey's are so boring, and as I found out recently, seem to overwhelm 90% of films scenes.
   Here's the film scenes I chose to show off in out presentation we had earlier this week. 


   I know we all get a bit fed up of life drawing from time to time, especially when your put out of your comfort zone. And this week was a good example of that. 

   I enjoy life drawing most of the time, but when we get told the week before "Bring in some charcoal" I get a little uneasy, its not that I'm extremely bad at it or anything, I just much prefer pencil. And after the sessions finished, I cant help but feel better about having done it. Even if my work isn't amazing I feel richer for the experience. 


Here's what  would call a bit of a flop. I wasn't amazed with what i had produced in the session this week, the proportions seem slightly off, the contrast didn't turn out like i'd hoped, but like I said, I feel richer for the experience. 

   Back to the film room project, working in teams and cracking on with 3D. After deciding on our film room, the X-men First class submarine room, we got down to business straight away. Working out a time plan for the project and splitting up the workload as even as we thought we could. 2 of our 4 man team got the 2 largest jobs while the other 2, one being me, got given the task of making lots of smaller assets. The room only consists of a small amount of assets, and I will be/have modeled a statue, table, submarine door, 2 paintings and a glorious light switch. The image we're using isn't the best resolution, so I've had to improvise with some of the assets.
















These are what I have done so far, nothing to high poly yet. were figuring out what tri count were at, and then going to decide what needs more and what we can save them on. I've been told some of the geometry I've modeled can be shown in other ways to preserve our tri count, so I guess ill be learning that soon and I should have more on it next week.

No comments: