Sunday 26 October 2014

Week 4 - Sick and tired...

   Our second group project has come to an end, life drawing turned into fabric time, and I caught Ebola, but not really.

   Yes another week has finished and so has our second group project, the one that everyone was really excited for, which then turned into a downhill spiral of hatred. Well, I think I'm exaggerating a little. But from what I hear, a few people started to get annoyed with the project towards the end, including me. In my case it was due to team mates not turning up when asked, and not really pulling their weight. But it's all over, so I can chill out about the whole thing. I know, I know, when in the industry i'll not have a say in who I'm working with, and that's absolutely fine. Because when I'm working I wont have to worry about loosing out on marks that jeopardize my grade. So bring on the teamwork!!! Overall from what I hear the project was a success in the eyes of the Mike, so that's good. I say "from what I hear" because I didn't turn up for the final presentation. Hypocrite I know, but I was genuinely i'll. Me and the whole family caught a bug of some kind, not nice. So spent the majority of my time away from this project in bed. Anyway, like I said Mike seemed to love the final piece. In my eyes it was pretty good, but they'res a lot we could have done differently to make it better. For example, the final render was off in places, and the lighting wasn't great, so if we'd have planned the project better in the beginning we could have made this project much more accurate to the camera shot. But overall it did turn out really well.

The original film still.
Our recreation.
   As you can see the lighting is too bright, and the height of the camera angle is slightly to narrow. But the assets are looking good, along with the textures. And everything is to be in scale with one another. So I consider this project a success, but like I said before they'res a lot we could have done differently and improved on. 

   FABRIC TIME! No nude model this week for me, I'm not sure of the reason, but whatever it was, its ok because we got to draw curtains. Oh yeah! Fabric, curtains, saree's and a shoe, were some of the numerous items we drew this week. We made this lesson all about tone, and tonal exploration. I find contrast hard to show in my drawings so I focused on that. I used to keep to a mid tonal range, which is why my drawings looked so flat. So I tried to add more to all the drawings I do from now on.
This weeks life drawing.

   We got a short lecture on what the next big project is going to be as well. Its a sentry gun, an unmanned turret essentially. We have to design it to a certain specification, that we'll get next week, then model/texture it in max/photoshop. All so we can put it in engine and make it follow and shoot at us. Im gonna really enjoy this one.

P.s. Just to clarify, the title "Sick and tired" isn't me being sick and tired of the course. Only ill in general. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

No comments: