Friday 25 March 2016

FMP Week 11 - More substance designer

   Not a lot of variation this week, I've spent the most part of it working within substance designer, having a lot of fun I might add. Its a great program and every day I can feel myself getting further acquainted with it. Tilables are really adding a lot to my scene fast, I started with a brick texture to give my walls some more variation to the plaster I mad last week. After making one variation, it was just a matter of duplicating the texture and making additional variations. I have 3 that I can use with my walls, each varied, but not too different, so they sit together nicely in the environment. I also had to go back to do a few adjustments to the unwraps to ensure the brick sizes were equal and sat together nicely next to each other.
Variation 1.
Variation 2.
Variation 3.
   Within the game destiny they have a huge wall situated on earth, the wall stands about 6 stories tall. obviously the only logical way to texture something like that would be tillables. So that's exactly what I did for my wall. Again made in designer.
Wall concrete panels.
Tarp texture came next which only took me a short amount of time to make, as it doesn't consist of many nodes. I made 2 variations of this in engine to separate and vary the tarps located next to each other.

I intend to work a little more into this later on, but for now I'm happy with it so I moved on to other things like the floor.
Because its getting to the time I should be applying for jobs I want to include something from this project. so I plan to work more closely and focus more on one shot for the time being. This shot is going to be of the front of the pub, because it shows off some of the market while including the huge wall in the background.
Camera angle 1
Friday was the start of the easter weekend and our 5 day weekend, but theres not rest for a game artist, so I continued into the weekend starting with some spline work to add wires to the scene. I'll add some screenshots of the work when its finished next week.

No comments: