Friday 18 March 2016

FMP Week 10 - More Designer and CV writing

   This weeks primary focus has been working more on substance designer. First off I altered the previous plaster texture to add more variation to the colour and colour parameters.
Before
After
   It might just look like a quick colour change (And it kind of was) but I did add the parameter for it so it can be changed in engine.
   Texturing's been going a little slow, but I finished my first texture sheet this week, furniture 1. Only a few more to go and a lot more tilables to make and I'll be done! Good job this week only marks the half way point, plenty more time to finish the project.
Furniture 1 props.
Plaster variation.
   Going back to the plaster material, it was fully procedural and changeable in engine. But if I altered it, it changed for everything it was applied too. The only way around it was to create multiple versions of the same material. Dedicating specific limitations to specific sections of the level. Which is fine as I got some good variation across the environment using only 3 plaster variations. Later on I might add a couple more just to push it that bit further, along with the other wall textures I intend to make, brick, metal panels and the concrete I'm applying to the pillars. Those along might be enough variation without repetition.

   Another texture I got finished to a reasonable standard was the dirt texture for use on the floor of the ship area. I intend to do another dirt material which I might mix in with this one for more variation. The intention of the second dirt texture is to be more lighter and dustier for the market area, This one I just made is more wet dirt, darker and a bit muddier.
Dirt made in substance designer.
   This ones going to be mixed with a grass texture and like I said before, possibly a lighter dirt too.

   Last, but certainly not least, I made alterations to my CV, in accordance with what the careers lady said a week or so back. It needed doing, even though I don't intend to apply for anything just yet, until I finish  personal project I'm working on. I currently don't thin my portfolio is strong enough just yet for the jobs I'm aiming for, so rather than put them off what I've got and possibly me, I'm going to wait a few weeks.

No comments: