Tuesday 11 February 2014

Transit van

   When we first started this project i had a feeling it was going to be a hard one that i wouldn't enjoy at all, i was unsure of the mirroring process, and because i hadn't really got my head around specular maps, i had that sitting at the back of my mind taunting me. But as i got into the project i had fun, admittedly i left it quite late finishing everything off, and was rushing around doing the texturing, let along the design document, but at the end after everything was done and dusted it made me realize how far I've come in terms of 3D design. Not 4 months ago had i even opened the program, but here i sit now looking all smug thinking to myself how my van looks pretty damn good. I know in another 4 months i'll be thinking what the hell is that white box with a number plate, and those don't look anything like specular maps, but right now im happy with my 3D work.


   I'm planning on modeling more vehicles in Max soon, when i have the time, i hope to create the cars ive had in the past working up to my current car, starting with my old MGB GT, but without a tri count, not going crazy, ill just make it with as many tris as i feel necessary, including a detailed interior and underside of the car. I'll do the same with the vehicle in terms of texturing, ill make the model high resolution, but within reason, i don't know how long it will take but when its done it'll be posted on here.

No comments: