Tuesday 5 November 2013

The almighty Wheelie Bin!!!!

   I know its a bit late posting this, but here is my amazing wheelie bin, it took 576 tri's and i started again about 3 times. I didn't find it too difficult after i got told by my guru not to do it all out of one piece, instead make it using individual objects and attach them together. I know it doesn't seem like it but it saves a few tri's, trust me, before he told me that i was on 590+ tri's just on the lid, but after i started using different sections and attaching them and also removing a few unnecessary lines i had the count down to about 300.


   The only problem that i encountered that i didn't get round to fixing was the wheels. As you can see on the picture above the wheel is wonky, the faces i used to create the wheel aren't though, the wheels look like this because the texture i used on the faces was the one of the wheel alpha which is circular, and when put on a square face create a shape like this. Im not sure how to combat this, do i add a black section on my UV template or do i add another texture section to my sub object. If anyone has the answer it would be much appreciated thanks.

No comments: